Blog Archive

NYX and MAC Review and Swatches: NYX Long Pencil Eye in black and brown and MAC Eye Kohl in fascinating

SPRING SUNNY
19ºC~30ºC Nice!
Hello girls! Today I'll be reviewing some pencil eyeliners

Please remember: Today is the weather is very hot and the humidity is high! Thats why these items were tested in very bad weather conditions for any make up!


MAC Eye Kohl in fascinating


I bought it at shopping mall, in a MAC shop, together with my MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in engraved that I have no idea where it is now. I paid about $40 for each. Yes and I lost one Well, I still can compare because I used it for over 1 year before it get lost hahaha

Rubbing test


Oops! As I said before, today is very hot, even the point didn't resist. Well, surely it melts, like any other eye pencil. But it melts too much...


OK So swatch without flash


After rubbing


After hard rubbing - it means you can blur the way you want when applying in your eyes, but also mean you can't touch your eyes after applied.

Water resistant test

I don't know if its waterproof or whatever but surely we can cry, sweat, apply eye drops in our eyes, thats why I have to test this.


So I applied some and water water


After water, and then I dried it very carefully
I removed easily with makeup remover

Finally....
Smell: It smells like shit! Yes, when you're applying your nice MAC pencil you start feeling sick. This is very bad smelling, trust me.
Pigmentation: Very nice.
Consistency and texture: I think this is more creamy than a normal eye pencil. If you touch it after applied it will start to disappear. If you want to blur your eye pencil, this is very nice.
Endurance: It can last a whole day if you don't touch your eyes. It resists water but not touch. Of course, at the end of the day, there'll be much less product than when you applied, but I can live with it.

The price is ridiculous for a very bad smelling product, but this is a kinda different eye pencil because it can be blurred. I think I'd never buy it again

Next...

NYX Long Pencil in black and brown


I bought them at Cherry Culture, they were very cheap. I bought the black for $2.50 and received the brown as gift.

Rubbing test


Swatches without flash


After rubbing


After hard rubbing - The black is more resistant. Also, this is a nice result for a cheap eye pencil in a super hot day.

Water resistant


Applied and water water


After water and I dried very carefully
I see almost no difference...


It was very easy to clean with make up remover

Finally!
Smell: No smell!
Consistency and texture: Is very pigmented and fix very well in skin, can't be blurred.
Pigmentation: I had the MAC powerpoint engraved, I think the MAC one was more pigmented and easier to apply. This is also easy to apply and very pigmented, not as much as MAC powerpoint.
Endurance: I can stay the whole day with it, and at the end of the day this is just the same. With MAC powerpoint at the end of the day my eyes were very blurred.

It stays longer than MAC powerpoint, have nice pigmentation and nothing bothers me. This is really cheap for a big quantity of product. Surely I'll always buy this eye pencil!

Thank you so much please write